Get Started in Culinary Arts
Earning a degree or certificate is a commitment to developing a deeper understanding of the craft of a culinarian. It is a commitment that demonstrates a passion for food, a desire to build in-demand skills and an ability to see your education through to future employers.
With American Culinary Federation accreditation and affordable culinary training, it's never been easier to achieve your dreams. Why wait? Enroll in Fall, Winter and Spring Quarter. Here's how to get started:
- High school diploma or GED® equivalent.
- Seattle Central offers several programs to help you complete your high school education.
- Complete a college-level math course and college-level English composition course with a grade of 2.0 or higher. If you have not yet taken these courses, we recommend ENG 101 English Composition I or ENG 105 Applied Composition and MATH 110 Applied Math for Technicians.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a program Information Session or contact the department for more information (optional).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the requirements.
- Once you have been admitted to Seattle Central, completed START Orientation, and placement testing or transcript evaluation, contact the Academic Advising office for approval to start the program:
Visit: BE 1102 D
- The advisor will check to make sure you have completed or are registered for the prerequisites to the program: college level math and English composition.
- Approval slips are given on a first-come, first-serve basis and will automatically place you on the program ready list. Actual enrollment in the program is based on space availability.
- Once approved by an advisor, Seattle Culinary Academy will contact you with next steps regarding enrollment, uniform fittings, and getting prepared to start your program.
Have questions about getting started? Contact Aimee LePage at 206.753.7813 or Aimee.LePage@seattlecolleges.edu.
Download or print our brochure! (pdf)