Get Started in Specialty Desserts & Breads
Earning a degree or certificate from Seattle Culinary Academy demonstrates a passion for food, a desire to build in-demand baking and pastry skills and a ability to see your education through to future employers. With American Culinary Federation accreditation and affordable culinary training, it's never been easier to achieve your dreams.
Why wait? Enroll in Fall, Winter and Spring Quarter. Here's how to get started:
- High school diploma or GED® equivalent.
- Seattle Central offers several programs to help you complete your high school education.
- Complete a college-level math course and college-level English composition course with a grade of 2.0 or higher. If you have not yet taken these courses, we recommend ENG 101 English Composition I or ENG 105 Applied Composition and MATH 110 Applied Math for Technicians.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Culinary Arts Information Session or contact the department for more information (optional).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the requirements.
- Once you have been admitted to Seattle Central and completed placement testing/evaluation and the START Orientation, contact the Academic Advising office at AdvisorCentral@seattlecolleges.edu to talk about class planning and receive an approval slip.
- Approval slips are given on a first-come, first-serve basis and will automatically place you on the program ready list. Actual enrollment in the program is based on space availability.
Have questions about getting started? Contact Aimee LePage at 206.753.7813 or Aimee.LePage@seattlecolleges.edu.
Download or print our brochure! (pdf)